Re: TI-H: Re: !!!Magnet Wire!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: !!!Magnet Wire!!!

>i have not read any of the info on the EL backlight tell me, is this
>inverter a DC -> AC inverter?

Yep, I don't know what type it is, the switching frequency, or even
what the output voltage and frequency is.

>if so could it be small drops and spikes or out of phase DC-> AC
>conversion?

If you are refering to possable noise induced in the calc power
supply, I don't think that is a problem.  Bypass caps on the
supply pins have no effect on the problem.  Also, on calcs that
exibit the EMI problem as rolling bars or distortions of the LCD,
simple foil shielding of the inverter and wires attenuates the
interference, suggesting that the problem is probably due to
radiation from the inverter/wires.

If I still had access to a 'scope I could provide some better
info, but I don't.

DK