Re: TI-H: TI link protocol and PCB design software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI link protocol and PCB design software

> Wow.. here's a response to an earlier mail from you (October 96) on the same
> topic:

archives go back that far?!? Anyway, I never actually did anything with
the port.. just repeated what I had heard here on TI-H. A dangerous thing
to do, indeed. :)

> First the sending calc pulls either R or W to ground, to indicate a 0
> or 1, respectively.  The recieving calc then pulls the other wire to
> ground, to confirm that the bit was recieved.  Both calcs then clear
> the link (all lines are brought back to 1), and then repeat the
> process for all 8 bits.

So there is a wire A and a wire B. If the sender pulls wire A low, it
means the sender wants to send a 0, and the receiver pulls B low to ack.
But if sender wants to send a 1, it pulls wire B low and the receiver
pulls A low to ack.

Is that how it works..? If so, does the tip on the link cable correspond
to wire A or wire B?

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com