Re: TI-H: Hey everyone!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Hey everyone!

The last time I looked at the light flasher, it appeared that it might be
possible to chain more chips for more ports! It would be interesting to be
able to run more LEDs or a couple 7 segment displays.

I know Mel Tsai's original design for the expander used a series of shift
registers that both read and wrote data. Modify this and it might be possible
to have 32 lines! Well, it's been a while since I saw it. Anyway, it's simple
to build. basic logic. a simple counter. and it could be done to work bidirectionaly!

That means you could have it read data from other devices. Otherwise, if
you're lazy hardware wise, and are willing to make an I2C driver, then you
could use the 8-bit I2C paralel interface chip. add a couple for more lines.
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html