TI-H: Protocall...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Protocall...

Someone asked me how I plan to make it work...

When on a serial cable, when you transmit a letter, a start bit and a
following 8 bits are sent...  The modulator and demodulator just converts
this data into an analogue signal.

When sending a one, the digital value 255 is applied to a DAC (digital to
analogue converter).

When sending a zero, the digital value 0 is applied to an ADC (analogue to
digital converter).

When reading signals, if the analogue value converted into digital
information reads 64 or higher, its a one.  If its lower, its a zero...
This may be changed to a one being a minimal of 128, but thats later...

That modulates the signal...  I'm hoping to find DAC and ADCs that have an
8bit interface instead of a cheep serial connection since the serial ones
are quite a bit slower (1usec compared to 250nsec)...

Any suggestions?  I'm going to try to find info on what frequency and how
cel phones operate...  I want to know the power, frequency, and how data is
transfered between them...  Like some chips used...  I'm going to national
semi tonight to find some info...

>You seem to have a bit of a problem with Grant Stockly. Personlly, I don't
>care about that. However, i would appricate it if you would quit making such

And I don't care if Jon gets insulted...  :P  <jk>