Re: TI-H: sound

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: sound

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Traker1000 wrote:

> I heard i can get songs and that kind of stuff for my calc, Could
> someone please explain this to me , how, when, why where, etc.... Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

You can get music from the calculator, but I don't think it is good enough
to playback in recognizable form (like with instrumentals and vocalists
and stuff). The sounds are passed through the link port to something like
the peizo speaker (plans are on ticalc in the text/harware directory, I
think).

It works by sending a certain bit stream to the link port, which is
converted to sound by the speaker. Since there isn't a D/A converter
involved, the sound isn't very good. I think Grant (or somebody) was
working on an 8-bit D/A sound addon, but I don't know how it is coming.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com