Re: TI-H: expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: expansion

Most of those are address (if youre talking about ISA) slots.  There are 8
I/O lines, something like 20 address lines, and special ones, like the
STROBE and such.  The parallel port plugs into the 8 I/O lines, the STROBE,
a couple more.  Ok, here is the list of pins corresponding to the port:

1 - STROBE
2 - DATA BIT 0
3 - DATA BIT 1
4 - DATA BIT 2
5 - DATA BIT 3
6 - DATA BIT 4
7 - DATA BIT 5
8 - DATA BIT 6
9 - DATA BIT 7
10 - ACKNOWLEDGE
11 - BUSY
12 - PE (OUT OF PAPER)
13 - PRINTER ON LINE
14 - AUTO LINEFEED AFTER CARRIAGE RETURN
15 - PRINTER ERROR
16 - INITIALIZE PRINTER
17 - SELECT/DESELECT PRINTER
18-25 UNUSED OR GROUND

Ok, this came directly from "Robot Builder's Bonanza: 99 inexpensive
robotics projects".  Don't get me wrong, someone else was talking about it.
It's a great book, this is where the speech synthesizer came from (if I can
ever find the chip).  The address is 888-D or 3BC-H.  Hope this comes in
handy.