Re: TI-H: *Great News*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: *Great News*

> >How thic will it be though???
>
> I'd like another half inch of so, but not much more.
>
> >I would prefer a wider case, but whatever works.
>
> I won't get one if they are wider, Its already wide
> enough, anything more is going to start looking kinda
> weird, IMO.  Besides, as it is it fits in my pocket,
> any wider and I'll need a sholder strap for it, or
> maybe a velcro belt holster :)

Except that thicker is easy.

make a simple ring like this:

 Calc width   desired extra thickness
 _____|____    __/
|          |  |  |
 __________    __  _
/          \  |  |   \
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |__ Lenth of calc
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |
|          |  |  |    |
\__________/  |__|  _/
      ______
     //----//| <---Top
    //____///| <---Ring casting
   / ---- ///' <---Bottom of calc
  / ---- ///
 /______///
 |______|/
 |______|
  \____/

This makes the mold MUCH less complex. The yop side is a mold of the bottom
half of the original case and the bottom of the mold is a copy of the top half
of the calc. This also iliminates the need to include a battery case into the
mold. It should have enough room for a 1 inch diameter Black Piezo electric
speaker from Rat Shaq. It needs to have locations for connectors and switches,
as well as a volume control.

My recomendations, SPinTerface, Link, Speaker, earphones, volume control,
several switches mounts, and a DBA (Direct bus access: 34 pin female header
containing Data, address, and control lines). Any other ideas??? I prefer the
wide case, but since this one is so simple, it is most likely the best choice.
I think it NEEDs to be 1/2 inch thick to matter. I can work on a layout for
parts and mountings.

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html