TI-H: *Great News*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: *Great News*

Hi All,
    I have great news concerning the new case designs you guys were
throwing around. My dad happened to mention the idea to 3M and some of
the Georgia tech students. Their interested in making couple of these
cases (5 or so (no more than 10-15 I'm sure) as a project. The best part
is it's *Totally Free*. We only need to supple the cad file with the
case design in it. What they'll do is put in their rapid prototyping
machine to crank out a part, use it to make a silicon mold, and then
make duplicate parts. If I can get my hands on the original
rapid-prototyped part, I can make an indefinite number of copies of the
case! So if any of you can use cad to make us up a case...poof we'll
have ourselves a new case. May I suggest you only design a new back
panel. I'm pretty sure they only want to make us one mold. That way it
could be compatible with an 82/85 case or 83/86 case. Besides their not
silk-screening the case fronts now are they? :)

                    So you guys, Get to work!
                                    -Michael