Re: TI-H: Serial Link(other)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Serial Link(other)

This is probably been answered 100x but I also have lik problems.  I
built the serial link a long time ago, and finally "got it to work" BUT
it only sends to the Ti-82, it will not recieve back from the 82.  What's
the preferred 82link software for the serial link.
~Larry C
Useless fact O'the day:  Sri Lanka is really Ceylon
Larry1492@juno.com
Visit the Vaccuum Gateway
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/9888/index.html

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:16:19 -0700 (PDT) Greg Hill <gregh@xmission.com>
writes:

>On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Jeff Rapp wrote:
>
>> Ok, but this is what it does.  I plug it into the link port and the
>> cursor blinks and the contrast drops like it's draining power out of
>the
>> batteries.  Why?
>
>Ahh, back on topic. :)
>
>When the serial link gets plugged into the calc and a serial port that
>hasn't been initialized (by a linking program) the cursor freezes like
>that. This is because when the link port is idle, both pins are
>floating
>at about 5v. But when you plugged in the link cable, one or both of
>the
>pins is near ground. So the calc pauses, expecting a link port
>transmission (like a screen copy) and then just sits there because
>nothing
>comes. This "feature" is actually helpful when you're finding which
>port
>you are plugged in to. Start the link program and set it for COM1. If
>the
>cursor doesn't start blinking after several seconds, try COM2. And so
>on
>until the cursor blinks again.
>
>You might also check your connections to the link port. If you're
>going by
>the diagram with the link wire colors on it, don't. The TI link wire
>has
>the red connected to one part of the connector, but many other link
>wires
>have it on the other part of the connector. So just use a continuity
>meter
>to find which color is connected to the tip of your link wire, and
>then
>connect it to the rest of the circuit accordingly. The link won't work
>when the two data lines are backwards.
>
>--
>Greg Hill
>greg-hill@bigfoot.com
>www.comports.com/link

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]