Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight

> >have a TI-86, which is similar to the 85, except for the display.
>
> I have personally only seen the inside of the 85, but I expect
> anything
> with a similar constuction will fit the lamp with no problem.  The
> only
> problem I can forsee would be finding a place for the inverter.  The
> 85
> style case has room for it, but the only place I tried it was beside
> the
> battery case where there were not surface mount components on the
> circuit
> board.
>
> Maybe someone with a broken calc would be willing to measure interior
> case clearances for us?

I have all the calcs. I'll try the inverter for each one to see the ideal
location For it.

I'd also like to host the EL instalation instructions.pics, on my backlight
page on the Richfiles.

Oh, and all the LCDs can use the same size EL. One size fits all! (:

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html