Re: TI-H: Jason Dyer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Jason Dyer

> the same idea you do?  They would say, "Oh, he just killed one person, we
> have 258 million more, not a big deal, we shouldn't take the time to worry
> about it", how do you think this country would be?  It would be total
> anarchy, and I'm not about to let someone jip me out of $24.50!  That's like

So.. you're comparing the murder of a human being to being conned out of
$24.50? Murder should definitely be punished, but I'm not the Sheriff's
department and I'm not the justice department and I don't think you are
either. So it isn't our job to prosecute for murder.

> handing him the money, I don't see why you let people get away with it, at
> least file a report somewhere, or they will think they got away with it, and
> go around doing it to everyone else!!!!!!  So, maybe it IS worth your while
> to give someone the punishment they deserve.

But it *isn't* your responsibility to dole out punishments. Reporting it
is fine and good, but it isn't up to you to prosecute for it. You're a
high school kid, like me and Jason and most of the other people on this
list. I understand that you're upset about this. It's enough to get two
good CDs. It's enough to do a lot of things. But is it worth earning for
yourself a reputation of being a vengeful and hatred-filled person?

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com

Follow-Ups: References: