TI-H: Super I/O III (EIII): As I Said...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Super I/O III (EIII): As I Said...

As I said...ti-hardware is dead...  nothing but microsoft stuff and basic
problems...

So I've decided to release some specs on the EIII, costing about $20 (all
firmware)...

Super I/O III

+Floppy Disk Controller
+Dual UARTs
+IEEE1284 Parallel Port
+IDE Interface

It incorporates a Floppy Disk Controller (FDC), two full featured UARTs, an
IEEE 1284 compatible parallel port and all the necessary control logic for
an IDE interface.  Also includes the necessary logic to incorporate all of
your favorite AT attachments...  :)

Floppy Disk Controller:
        Software compatible with the DP8473, the 765A and the N82077
        16-byte FIFO (disabled by default)
        Burst and Non-Burst modes
        Perpendicular Recording drive support
        New high-performance internal digital data separator (no external
filter components required)
        Low-power CMOS with enhanced power-down mode
        Automatic media-sense support
        Supports fast 2 Mbps and standard 1 Mbps/ 500 kbps/250 kbps tape
drives (speeds within Super IO, not to calc...)

Bidirectional Parallel Port:
        Enhanced Parallel Port (EPP) compatible
        Extended Capabilities Port (ECP) compatible, including level 2 support
        Bidirectional under either software or hardware control
        Includes protection circuit to prevent damage to the parallel port
when a connected printer is powered up or is operated at a higher voltage

100% compatible with IBM PC, XT, and AT architectures, or ISA, EISA, and
Micro Channel architectures

IDE Control Logic:
        Provides a complete IDE interface except for optional buffers

Address Decoder:
        Provides selection of all primary and secondary ISA addresses
including COM 1-4.

Comes in a 100 pin PQFP chip...  If there is interest for this device [too
holy to name :) ] please tell me...  All of the chips from he will cost
between $15 and $20.  All you need to do then is put it together and add
hard drives, ISA modems...serial port modems...printers...just think of
stuff...  :)

I like the EEP parallel port...  :)

Grant