RE: TI-H: beta.microsoft.com

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: beta.microsoft.com

On Tuesday, March 31, 1998 8:49 PM, Pat Hagge [SMTP:maxrebo@mindless.com]
wrote:

> Windows 97--AKA: Windows 98 or Memphis
> Beta 3 of Windows 98 has been released to the public for $30 I believe. I
> have
> 3 copies of it and I will be installing it sometime soon to my computer.
Only-
> will not yet replace Win95-I will dual boot! Beta can be scary!

Not that scary.  Win98 has been more stable than Win95 Gold (the original
version) from Developer Release 1 (which was before Beta 1).  I wouldn't worry
about installing Win98, unless you've got a slow computer.  I've got a P90 w/
24MB RAM and Win98 does OK, but it's not super fast.  It's about as fast as
Win95 gold.  If you turn off IE4, though, Win98 FLIES!  They've made
performance improvements, but then they ate up all that new speed w/ IE4.
 However, Win98 is much faster than 95 as long as you don't have IE4.  Don't
get me wrong, though:  I love IE4 and wouldn't give it up.

Sincerely,

Bruce

--
Bruce Christensen - mailto:bruce@iname.com