Re: TI-H: lots of ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: lots of ideas

Only I need teh backlight do you have a schematic I could look at that can
tell me how to do it?  Thank you.

----------
> From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@geocities.com>
> To: "'ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org'" <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
> Subject: TI-H: lots of ideas
> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:17:40 -0400
>
> One:
> 	For the backlight, stick with green LED's.  Human eyes are most sensitive
to green light from what I've gathered (24-bit color spread is an applied
example, not to mention night-vision goggles)  Therefore, it would provide
the best light and the lowest price.  I think the mouser catalog has the
best prices I've seen so far.
> 	Next, turboing, I'm about to connect a variable cap to my 83, but I want
to make sure that I'm hacking the right components, so if anyone knows,
please get back to me.
> 	Also, a better glare guard for the 83/86.  It's too "shiny."  maybe just
some anti-glare coating would work, but the current setup also blurs the
incredibly sharp images that the LCD provides (I removed the LCD cover).
> 	Finally (i hope), new hard drive designs.  the XI2C bus (whatever that
is) has a 64K chip.  it's small, but possibly useful.  Maybe it's close to
compatible with I2C, so we might be able to make small expanders, or put
them on the bus to create a larger device with some form of page swapping or
bus addressing.