Re: TI-H: 68000

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 68000

>> > Does anyone know the pinout of the processor in the 92?  I REALLY need to
>> > know.
>>
>> If you know *exactly* which of the 68k series the processor is, and what
>> package it is in, then you should be able to find data sheets, pinouts,
>> etc from Motorola's web site at www.design-net.com.

(back from a long weekend... 120 emails, wooh00!)

Anyways the TI-92's processor is basically a microcontroller with a
68k core, specially made by motorola for TI.  I believe it is 100%
proprietary so you'll never freely find the datasheet/pinout on any
website.  They just don't give that information out.  The chip (I
believe) is a 120 pin Quad Flat Pack chip (been a while since I"ve
opened the 92 up) and yes it's totally different than any standard
motorola part.

There are ways to determine some of the pinouts (like tracing the pins
back to the memory chips, but even this is flawed because they hacked
around with address and data line numbers!) but otherwise we won't
know most of the pins.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm