TI-H: Austin Buttler (It's in the mail)-(Backlight/AC Power Pack)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Austin Buttler (It's in the mail)-(Backlight/AC Power Pack)

Austin, Tell me if you get one or two copies of this message, it's
important.

>Ok Richard, it's in the mail.  It, a note, and $20 will be to you
really
>soon.   I have some questions before I fork over lots of cash though..
>
>First off, I DO want SPinTerface, Expander, and Speakers.  I would like
the
>temp thing but I never did find out exactly how to use it.  What
drivers do
>you use?  Has it ever been tested?  I can't buy it if it won't tell me
the
>temp without me writing special drivers...  I don't know ports to well.

The driver is already written! I will get you a copy on disk and on the
expander cart.

>Next, the backlight.  I REALLY want and internal backlight!!!!!  BUT!,
you
>said it hasn't been tested.  Are you testing it??  Is it good?  Keep me
>posted..

YESSS!!! I am having GREAT LUCK with the BACKLIGHT!!!

I realized today that LEDs are not like light bulbs in on more way...

They are NOT made of glass. They are made of EPOXY. SO???

You know those super bright LEDs that you can get at Radio Shack, well I
ground the epoxy down to make the LED thin enough to fit into the calc.
I also flattened the front so it spreads those 2000 mcd's of light over
the screen instead of into a beam! Tonight I'm going to try it with a
10mm Jumbo Super Bright, which FYI, produces 5000 mcd's!!! the 2000 mcd
version can shine a visible beam onto the wall across a dim room.
Immaging what 5000 shined at your screen will look like. Best of all,
they only take 20 mA, which is like 2 expander carts when active! for a
back light, that ain't all bad. It will be even better with the new
battery expander, which uses 8 batteries at once!

I found a source for some decent super bright green LEDs and with my
first paycheck at my new job, I'm going to go all out! I'm even going to
see how BLUE LEDs look in the calc. Maybe an RGB LED and get WHITE
LIGHT!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I want the battery expander for sure too.  That one is
>already good, mounted on an extra case and stuff.
>
>Ok, thanks alot!

>P.S.  You might want to learn asm instead of sticking with BASIC.  I
made the switch and it was WELL worth it!

I am in the process of TRYING (; to learn it. I still want to stick with
BASIC because it is a hobby for 8 years, but if I learn ASM, my goal is
to make a "DUKES OF HAZZARD" game dedicated to my brother who is
obsessed with the show. I also want to port STICK FIGHTERS from BASIC to
ASM. Stick is a Mortal Kombat type program. It was made and abbandoned
by two senior back in my freshman year. I adopted the game and YOU
SHOULD SEE IT!!! It's jumpy, but that's because I never added external
jumps. all the commands are in one loop, even the finnishing moves, so
it takes a second or longer per frame.  If I add a subroutine type
structure I can get at least 2, maybe more frames per minute. Imagine it
in ASM!!!

>P.S.S.  Umm..  get your own internet account. :)  I would  like to add
you to my ICQ list and stuff...  you know, chat and junk...

I paid for Internet with all the orders for SPinTerfaces and stuff!

I have internet access now. I just is slow (;

I'll get started with trying to fix the calc immediately. I got stuck
with the 6AM to 2PM shift this week, so I have afternoons open the whole
week. if i don't have it figured out in a week, chances are it's beyond
my fixxing talents. I'll deduct the money and you only need to send $90
for the other stuff. I actualy have about half of it already built. The
expanedr and speaker are complete, and the temp sensor is done, but a
new design may make it have a faster response, so I'll send you the
newer one. The back light is comming along good and the battery expander
is a piece of cake. I bought a 6v power pack, 150 mA today, and I'm
going to see if it works well with the calc as a power supply (plug it
in at night and stay up 6 hours with the backlight running!!! it's $20
if you want one, but I'll let you know how it runs before you send
anything. If it works well, you can have one for $20 more. If it don't
run well, then I'll keep working)

I need rest (=

Thanks.

Richard Piotter