Re: TI-H: building remote link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: building remote link

Philipp Gortan wrote:
> I'm planning to build a remote link as shown in the plans at
> ftp://ftp.ticalc.org/pub/text/hardware/rtlink.zip
> This will be two units communicating via radio transmission.
> In the plan, there is the symbol of a "ground" (see attachment). How
> can I realize that???

If that's Michael Jan's Radio Transfer Link (which I'm sure it is), forget
about it. It's a hoax and nobody has ever got it to work. I wonder why
people still spread it around...

Usually, you just connect all "ground" symbols together, maybe attach them
to the metal case of the device. Also, usually - pins of batteries and
other power sources are connected to the ground, but not always. Interfaces
usually have a ground too, and their ground pins are often (but not always)
connected to the ground potential of the device.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***