Re: TI-H: Re: You still alive? Yes I am! Send it

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: You still alive? Yes I am! Send it

> P.S. I also have been looking at some Dallas Semiconductor databooks and
> they have come up with a new series of serial devices called 1-WIRE
> (tm). It uses just a ground and a data line! They unfortanatly use 12v
> instead of 5v. If they come up with 5v versions, then they might be
> usable in TI calculators! Just thought it was cool!

These wouldn't be difficult to interface with, just check out the
MAX232 or something like that.  It is for serial port communications
and converts a 5v to 12v signal and also vice versa.  It is a 16? pin
DIP and only needs a few external capacitors.

-Ed