TI-H: Re: You still alive? Yes I am! Send it

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: You still alive? Yes I am! Send it

NOTE: I AM USING THE LIST TO TRANSFER THIS MESSAGE, JUST INCASE THE
PERSONAL EMAIL I'M SENDING ISN'T MAKING IT. THERE MAY BE SOME PROBLEMS
WITH IT, SO I'M SENDING THIS MESSAGE THROUGH THE LIST AS WELL. I AM
SORRY IF THIS CAUSES ANY INCONVENIENCE FOR ANYONE...  (;

>I sent you a letter a LONG time ago and you never replied.. It was just
>confirmation I was sending the calc..  umm.. but I am still waiting for
your
>reply..  You dead?
>
>Corndog

Man!!!
I was beginning to wonder what happened to you too!

NOTE: SEE END FOR SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS.

I sent 2 or 3 letters saying you can go ahead and send. I just hope that
my filters aren't interfering! SEND me your correct e-mail address too,
and let me know how many copies of this message you recieve.

Sure! Go ahead and send the calculators. I bought 20 temperature chips,
all brand new, so I'm going to see if I can make multi chip devices a
bit more stable. The two chip version is fine, but more tend to take
more power than the link port sends (maybe).

Your Expander has been done for weeks. I just realized that the place I
work isn't even open on Saturdays, so I have more time than I thought I
had (; and I'm going to do TONS of work on my TI-BASIC tutorial. That
also means that I have 3 days worth of time for myself. I can easily do
your upgrades in a day. I know about 5 major causes for calc failure
that I have no problem fixing.

Also, I have good hopes for the back light, but I still havn't tried it
yet. I'm going to see if it looks good on my 85 or my 82. It should.

I suppose I should list the costs if you didn't get them.

Send $20 to cover fixing charges (this will be refunded if the calc
can't be repaired.

Send $20 to cover the SPinTerface install for whichever calc is
upgraded.

$40 for the expander ($5 for cart, $35 for chip)

$15 for the temp sensor with external wand and separate atmospheric
sensor.

$10 for the sound cart (which works GREAT now!!!)

$15 for the battery expander (It will be on the sliding cover and will
probably have NO hanging wires if my latest idea works. You will need
AAA's in the calc, but you won't have the calc running off of them. They
almost exist as backup batteries. Actualy, the calc will use them, but
only half the power.)

$15 for the internal backlight. (go ahead and send the money and I'll
install it. If I find out the design is a flop, I will refund it and
still see if I can make a decent one and get back to you. It should work
fine though.)

That comes out to:

$20 + $20 + $40 + $15 + $10 + $15 + $15 = $135

That sounds higher than my first calculation, so just send $130. I may
have forgotten one of the things before though.

If I can't fix the calc, then I'll send the $20 for fixing back and
refund $10. That will make it and even $100. If I do fix it, I'll see if
I can't refund some fixxing money too. If it goes a little over $20
(within reason (;   ), then don't worry. I'll try to cover it.

As for shipping, you can either do it all at once and get it over with
or you can send the broken calc first and see if I can't fix it first.
Your choice. Just make sure you include your e-mail and shipping addres
with the package and a list to verify what you want done.

Go to the post office and ship it via INSURED USPS. They cover it if
they damage or loose ANYTHING and it only takes 2-4 days to arrive! Do
not send it registered or it will take FOREVER! I always insure it for
the value of the contents rounded up a little.

Send it as soon as possible so you can get it back for school!

P.S. I also have been looking at some Dallas Semiconductor databooks and
they have come up with a new series of serial devices called 1-WIRE
(tm). It uses just a ground and a data line! They unfortanatly use 12v
instead of 5v. If they come up with 5v versions, then they might be
usable in TI calculators! Just thought it was cool!

Thanks!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A