Re: TI-H: Re: New-TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: New-TI

Mike Roberts wrote:

>  Gee, and why we're at it, why not ad a 12 inch color screen, and a floppy
> drive. Though in a harddisk and some 16 megs of ram. And a full size
> keyboard... Yeah, that would be an awesome calc:)

That wouldn't be a CALC!

> PErsonally, I'm happy with my 83, though symboloics would be a nice feature.

You're missing the point!  The StrongARM processor is cheap and
efficient, and really freakin' fast!  AFAIK, it's not too much more
expensive than a Z80, and actually draws -less- power.  Thus, our
batteries would last longer!

Speaking of hard disks, I know a guy who's working on hooking up a
PCMCIA Type II hard drive to his calc...

--
Jake Robb
  "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice