TI-H: MultiMaster I2C routines v0.97 soon to be released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: MultiMaster I2C routines v0.97 soon to be released

Just a note showing that development of the MultiMaster I2C routines hasn't
stopped - version 0.97 will be out soon. The code is just about complete,
I'll just have to fix the documentation and the home page, and test them
with another real TI-85 to get an accurate idea of their speed (the emulator
isn't very good for this). Version 0.97 is a lot more optimized than 0.95,
because most of the code has been rewritten. As a result of this they're
much faster: The routines can send at 1.8 kBytes/sec and receive at at
least 1.1 kBytes/sec (I haven't been able to test higher receive speeds).
The speed can now be tuned so that turboed and unturboed calcs can talk to
each other, and maximum speed can be used when talking to I2C chips.
Expect the routines to be released in a few days...

I don't know if Mel and Bryan have even considered it, but I think it would
be great if future microcontroller expanders would use the I2C protocol,
not the TI protocol or some "homemade" protocol. The speed of these
routines is not a problem (anymore at least), and they allow e.g. many
calculators to share the same expander. The I2C firmware would be quite simple
to program, the microcontroller would act as a slave device on the I2C bus.
With interrupts and other tricks this should be easy. If I've done it with
the TI-85 link port, then a child can do it on a microcontroller ;)

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***