Re: TI-H: Add LEDs to your link cable!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Add LEDs to your link cable!

>I have heard a lot of people saying my design won't work, but it
>DOES.  I haven't yet tried it on the TI-TI link cable, but I have
>successfully built this for the parallel link.  With the 10,000 ohm
>resistors, the LEDs draw an extremely small amount of electricity
>(about .0003 amps) which is far too small to affect any link
>transmissions.

It works for the parallel link because the parallel link is sourcing
all the current.

But, the TI link itself can only supply maybe .2 or .3 milliamps
before it will be pulled to ground (probably less).  The max
theoretical current out of the linkport is 0.5 milliamps but that is
impossible to utilize since the voltage at that current is zero.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

Follow-Ups: References: