TI-H: Temp Sensor address instructions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Temp Sensor address instructions

>could you explain the multi chip one for me, and the chip address
>thing...i dont understand.
>I saw that in the program you can select tghe chip id? what the heck
>does that mean?
>i played around with my temp sensor and found that it only works when
>i set it to adress 0.
>
>please explain this to me.

Yes! in the Schematic, there are 3 pins that are next to each other and
all connect to the ground. Those are the address pins. To connect
multiple chips, you need to set the address for each chip different.
Here's how:

  4  3  2  1
 _|__|__|__|_
|           0|
|            |
|            |
|____________|
  |  |  |  |
  5  6  7  8

            Pin
Address   5  6  7
_________________
0         G  G  G
1         G  G  X
2         G  X  G
3         G  X  X
4         X  G  G
5         X  G  X
6         X  X  G
7         X  X  X

The X means no connection and the G means to connect it to ground.

>>>Has anyone built the temp sensor I got the chip of it but there
>sooo!!!
>>>small I don't know how to use them.
>>>Also does anyone know what part of the circuit senses the temp.
>>>
>>>Justin Lynch
>>>Rlynchjr@texas.net
>>
>>Yes! I have built 3, 1 one chip device and two multi chip systems with
>>sensor wand and an atmospheric sensor! I should post the design to my
>>page soon, but I havn't had much time.
>>
>>I have been building them for people for $10 ($15 for the multi chip
>>system), but they are for the SPinTerface port. It's easy to make them
>>for the link port too, but you need to find a link cable to cut up.
You