TI-H: Turbo-85 and line problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Turbo-85 and line problem

I noticed a message about a week ago where someone had said the Turboed their TI
and only got a line across the top or bottom of the LCD. While modifying my TI-85
I discovered the same problem.

I had modified mine with a switch. After disassembling the calc I discovered that
the 28 gauge wire that I used to return from the switch to the C9 tie had been
grazed by the screw that goes through the center of the calc. After careful
repositioning and a dab of silicone glue, the calc worked as advertised.

The moral of this story is that the screw holding the battery metal tab will
consistently cause this problem if it becomes shorted in some way to the C9 pad!

Hope nobody threw out their calculator!

Jan Zumwalt
Warning