TI-H: Speaker cart FIXED!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Speaker cart FIXED!

This message is to anyone building the speaker cartrigde for the
SPinTerface (or anyone who gives a hoot :)) I figured out what was wrong
with the schematic at Richfiles. The schematic says to use a transistor and
wire all 3 link-port wires to it...WRONG! All you need to do is:

1. solder the middle and one end pin of the potentiometer to the regulated
+5V pins on the SPinTerface (last two pins).
2. solder the other pin of the potentiometer to the + side of the speaker
(piezo buzzer).
3. solder the - side of the speaker to the clock and data pins (red/white
wires on link port) (first two pins)
4. solder the ground pins together
5. solder the Power and Battery pins together
6. leave the signal ground pin alone (or pull it out)

THIS WORKS! It saves power too (I think), because you don't need a transistor.

__
Thayne Miller
Email: yomaster@geocities.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5084

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, fitestine, pig-ignorance
  I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage!"
      -Monty Python