TI-H: Ir stanndard!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Ir stanndard!

The non-protocol-specific way that Osma is talking about is a really god
idea. I have been thinking about a IR-transmitter wich transmitt any pinn
state continous. This can be used of any device ( TI for example!).
This my seem like a quite simple thing to do this device that sends the
state over ir. But we have limts!
Okej if we check out more exactly what the ir-device should be able to do.
1. It must have a save transfer range of 30 m.
2. It must have a very high read and send rate.
3. It shouldn't be disturb by any other things.

These three things will make the device look like a cable to any other using
application. But there is some problems! I haven't found any components that
is fast enough or safe enough. I have found a component that could send 4
Mbps but it's range is only 1 m. It is with the irDA standard.
A other problem is that the CPU that will control these components must be
rather fast! The components i have will max take my ir-link to a speed of 1
Kbps and then it will be connected to the protocol of TI85. I wonder now if
any of you have seen a god ir-receiver component that can be used for this
application? And if anyone have tested it?

Per-Erik Andersson
pea@dalnet.se
http://www.dalnet.se