RE: TI-H: IR LINK

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: IR LINK

There are a few things that we have to realize aout the $4 link itself.  While it does not combine the two data lines or run any magic like that, it does send its data across the in a slightly hacked way.  Not to say that the $4 link doesn't work, but it doesn't comply to ANYTHING in RS232.  But since the PC deals with a UART, what the calc sends is not what the PC "sees."  Therefore, just because it looks wrong, doesn't mean it is.  All that it means is that there's a creative way of outputting the clock and data through the system.  perhaps what is really going on is that the MAX223 is re-converting the data, which across the transciever box should be totally incomprehensible to anything.
Of course, if I make sense here, let me know.  I'm not 100% coherent right now.