Re: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Gregory Whitmore wrote:

>> Ah; I see; thanks for clearing that up to me. Hmm; maybe he missed a
>> UART chip then in his idea. I agree with you then; how can it work as he
>> said it does? With a special driver it could; and less hardware as well.
>> Hmm; maybe the TI-92's transfer slightly differently? Maybe he only
>> tested it with a send or recieve and not normal TI protocol?
>
>   This part confused me. I thought that when you send or receive, you use
> the TI-protocol. If it doesn't then I don't know how it is working.

If you mean sending and receiving variables between calculators or between
a calculator and a computer, there you use the TI protocol. But there are
other kinds of sending and receiving, like playing with voltage levels
(e.g. using a switch and a LED or something similar). I think Matthew meant
other kinds of sending and receiving than what is done on a TI calculator,
such as testing with RS232.

Oh, I don't know what to believe anymore. Soon I'll just have to build the
circuit to test it out. If it works, then there's something seriously wrong
with our universe :)

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***