Re: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matthew H. Fogle wrote:

> Ah; I see; thanks for clearing that up to me. Hmm; maybe he missed a
> UART chip then in his idea. I agree with you then; how can it work as he
> said it does? With a special driver it could; and less hardware as well.
> Hmm; maybe the TI-92's transfer slightly differently? Maybe he only
> tested it with a send or recieve and not normal TI protocol?

Nope, the TI-92 uses the exact same protocol as the 8x series. At least on
the hardware level it's the same, the packets are slightly different. So
our only options are that Greg didn't test it with the TI protocol or that
he's lying to us. Or then again, I might be wrong, but as you seem to share
my views, I'm getting more and more confident.

I'd like to hear from the version with the correct schematic and correct
RS232 pinouts, but I still don't think it will work.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***

Follow-Ups: References: