RE: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

2. The $4 serial link, as pictured on all the sites where I have looked for
it (for example the two GIF schematics at
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/hardware), doesn't even connect to pin 3
(RxD) on a 25-pin serial port. Pin 2 (TxD) is not used for data but as a
reference voltage level. To make sure that we talk about the same link, the
$4 serial link I'm talking about is made by Timo Stenberg and Tobin Fricke.

[Greg Whitmore]  This part you are right on. I have miss labeled my
schematic. I am sorry for everyone's misconvenience. Also, to the right of
the schematic I missed the resistor. Between pin 2 of U1 and pin 1 of U3 is
where R1 should be.

Sorry,
Gregory