Re: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Ir Link compatability

I don't know much about how this works and how he designed it; but I'm
going to go out on a limb and guess that this works by using the RS232
driver much as a computer would. It takes the reverse logic from the TI;
makes it normal logic with the inverters. Then makes a RS232 port the
same way a computer does by having that chip connect to CPU IO lines.
The IR chips maybe multiplex the signals from the lines then. I haven't
read the data sheets so I don't know if this is likely but it sounds
like how it would have to work. Can someone else build it and verify
it's working? I will as soon as I recieve the chips.

Follow-Ups: References: