Re: TI-H: Strange TI-86 Link Problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Strange TI-86 Link Problem

I don't know if this is it or not, but if you have a long cable there is
often interference, especially if you are using nicad batteries.  This
sounds like a problem I had, and sometimes holding the cable in both
hands worked.  If it is a long cable, you may just want to shorten it.

Chris Lambert
clambert@geneva.edu
calan@hotmail.com

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Nicholas J Kreucher wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I made the Parallel port cable for my brand new 86 using new parts and
> the connector cable that comes with the calc. Once I found that my
> computer's port wasn't compatible (after discovering that NT wasn't
> compatible) I got the cable to work, but receiving only.
> I can get a screen cap, download progs from the calc etc., but I can't
> seem to send any progs to the calc. Most of the time I get a flat
> Transmission Error 35 and the name of the program I was trying to send
> below. Sometimes it works for a few seconds and them bombs like this.
> Once in a while the calc will freeze when it bombs and then I have to
> take the batteries out to get the thing to turn off and back on again.
> As I said, screen caps and downloading from the calc works 100%.
>
> What could be wrong? Any ideas? I've tried both Cal and Trans85sx (sp)
> in flat DOS 6.22.
>
> -
> Nicholas Kreucher
> nick@poetic.com