Re: TI-H: IR link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR link

Has this been.. uhh.. tested yet? I'm wondering how RS-232 became involved
in this if we're using the "$4 link" because the "$4 link" does not use
the RS-232 protocol (it DOES use an RS-232 serial port, but it does not
actually use the RS-232 protocol), and I can't see any ICs on the
schematic that would be able to tell RS-232 from anything else..

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Gregory Whitmore wrote:

> I built it to not use the Graphlink cable. THat is why there is a RS-"#"
> driver on the board. I will post pictures as soon as someone buys me a
> digital camera. For now, the pics will have to wait. If you have a
> Serial link, you will see that it is a 9-pin connector. The max-223
> driver is a 9-pin as well, you just plug the 2 together. Where it says
> RS-232 on the left of the schematic, that is where the serial link
> plugs. When I say each end, I mean since you have to have two of these
> to work, you need a serial link for each calc.

Follow-Ups: References: