Re: TI-H: What exactly are...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: What exactly are...

Josh Collins wrote:

> I'm kind of new to this ti-hardware stuff, and I have a few questions:
>
> First, what are all of these devices I keep hearing about, like IC2,
> SPinTerface, etc... where do they attatch the the calculator? What are
> the
> benifits of them?

By the way; why we need is FAQ is because of questions like these. I'm
not flaming you just pointing out a fact. The I2C interface is nothing
made for the TI. It's a protocol that the TI CAN link to though. It
allows multiple devices to be connected and it'w how the temperature
sensor works. The SPinTerFace is a link port with added power regulator
that goes into the calcs case. It mainly makes things a little more easy
to work with for some people. Others could care less about it as it's
the same as a 2.5 inch connector and a 5v power supply.

> Second, What is the game-gear looking jack on the top of the ti-92
> for? Is
> this, as someone told me, an output for the screen to an overhead
> projector?

Yes; it's only a data out from the display drivers.

> Third, Is it possible, using a ti-graphlink cable, to hook up into a
> 9600
> baud modem and dialin to a BBS?

YES! The REAL cable from TI converts TI-protocol to serial so this does
work and is what the programs Rterm and Zterm use.

> "If I could be one thing in the world, I would be a tear born in your
> eye,
> living on your cheek, and dying on your lips" - Josh Collins

   Finally; nice quote but we have all seen it plenty. Doesn't bother me
much; just have to comment on everything here! LAter,
                                            -=<Matt>=-