Re: TI-H: other port...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: other port...

John Fraser wrote:

> Why would the other port only have send capabilities?  TI screwed up there.
> Okay  if you can't use that then have the calc send through that and have
> the calc recieve though teh link port.  Then you could hve both send
> /recieve at the same time?  Aloso with the smart people on this list, should
> be able to find a way to use my hard drive and also send recieve.

If you are talking about the extra port on the top of a 92, then the
reason it only has send capabilities is because it was designed to
display the calc's screen on an overhead display or some such thing.  It
would be pointless from TI's point of view for the overhead display to
be able to send stuff back.  But then, the TI engineers don't think
about it's possibility as an extra I/O port.

--
Jonathan Anderson
sarlok@geocities.com

"I can't be wrong - my modem is error correcting."