RE: TI-H: The TI-84, TI-95 also!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: The TI-84, TI-95 also!

Josh Collins wrote:
> I agree... many people like to tinker with cars to get every last bit of
> power out of their cars. Not because it's practical, but because it's fun!
>  The same with the TI-Calcs... I like to mess around with how it works,
> expand it, see what I can do!

Yep...I think the worst limitation of the TI calcs are their link port. A
8-bit wide bus with interrupts would be much more useful. I2C is a way
around its worst limitations, but it could still be much better. I don't
like to tinker too much with the hardware inside (namely, add some sort of
a better port) because I want my designs to be repeatable by other people
without being flooded with angry e-mail from people who've broken their
calcs. Besides, I'd just break my calc anyway.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clnet.fi *** h:/w.clinet.fi/~ozone ***