RE: TI-H: Ti Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Ti Modem

>well, has anyone concidered making a 9600+ baud modem? I think it would be
>cool if someone made some sort of PPP connector and maybe an ftp browser,
>so you could download progs DIRECTLY to the ti-8x and 92 calculators... or
>am I just dreaming?

<snip>

>norton wrote:
>> Is anyone still working on the Ti-modem that used the National
>> Semiconductor MM74HC943 300 Baud Modem chip?
>
>I don't think so, it's too difficult to connect it and too slow for most
>applications...
>
>-Ozone
<snip>

actually, i was thinking it would be neat to have calc-to-calc transfers
over the internet.. one could build a client that wrapped the link protocol
into TCP/IP and sent it to another client that decoded and sent it to the
calculator.. but i'm not sure what the precise use of this would be :)
just cool...

| Eric O'Connell |  Mac Programmer  |
| titan@gate.net |  Math Hobbiest   |
| drdistort(irc) | Insensitive Male |