Re: TI-H: NS Illuminator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: NS Illuminator

I know a resistor is better and more efficient.  However, this is as far as
I've gone so far.  I don't know how to calculate the resistance I need, as I
thought you need to know amperage to calculate the resistance you should
have.  I don't know the amperage of 2 AA batteries, and I assumed it varied.
 Maybe you can explain this to me in #ticalc some day.  Also, I thought
silicon diodes (normal ones, not the rectifier diodes, etc.) always gave a .6
v drop.  This is what I read in the radio shack electronics book ;-).  In
this case, what kind of drop would you expect, and why would I burn something
out?  However, I was planning on substituting a resistor when I found out
what to use.

                                                 -Noah