Re: TI-H: NS Illuminator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: NS Illuminator

Ok.  If fits in a black box, 3.6 x 2.4 x .9 inches.  A rubber band comes out
of the top, and into one of the short sides, and holds the box onto the
TI-92.  The rubber band goes around the TI-92, to the right of the screen
where there is an open space.  So, the box is strapped underneath, and by the
way it is held on, it sticks out about 5/8 in from the top.  On the left part
of that 5/8 inch, there is a button the turns it on and off.  On the right
side, There is a rubber tube coming out.  There is a thick wire in the rubber
tube so when you bend the tube, it stays in that position.  There are also
two wires inside the tube, running up to the top where there is one bright
(620+ mcd) green LED.  From a distance of about a foot away from the screen,
the LED easily lights up the whole screen, and you can see the buttons pretty
well too.  The LED has a 12 degree viewing angles, so the light is
concentrates only on the calc.  It won't disturb someone sitting next to you.
 It is glued into the case by epoxy glue.  As for circuitry...there is a 2 AA
battery clip inside, holding...drumroll please...2 AA batteries.  That gives
3.0 volts with new batteries.  The LED should get a max 2.8 volts, so 3.0 is
too much.  The typical voltage to the LED should be 2.1 volts.  I use a diode
to step the 3.0 down to 2.4 (standard silicon diode, .6 volt drop).  Then it
can be put through the switch and into the LED.  It works well.  I ordered
all the parts except for the diodes and the thick wire from mouser.    I'm
sure you could get the diodes, but I couldn't find the wire.  If you are
still interested, or anyone is, email me about further details.