Re: TI-H: RF Linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RF Linking

Matthew R Price wrote:

> So far all the discussions have been assuming that we use two
> frequencies
> to transmit.  Why don't we instead multiplex our RX and TX lines onto
> the
> same carrier freq.  That way we wouldn't have to deal with the self
> induced interference of having a transmitter right next to a receiver.
>
> This would also simplify full-duplex transmition and lighten the power
>
> load for the device.  I'm not an electrical engineer but I do have
> some
> basic knowledge; I'm not sure exactly what the relationship between
> the
> two freqs. should be.  Doing this would also provide us with a much
> cleaner channel.
> Does anyone know if the calcs are capable of full-duplex, or would we
> need to include some sort of buffer inside the RF link module?
>
> Matthew

I'e been thinking about what has been said recently and I agree with you
I think. I have thought up a design that would use one freq and yes that
will solve a lot of problems but then it will HAVE to have a software
driver for it. The only way to make it compatible with old link cables
is to use two freqs because of the async connection. But could we make a
TSR that would convert this non-ti protocol to TI protocol as far as the
calc knew I wonder?

-=<Matt>=-

Follow-Ups: References: