Re: TI-H: External Power Supply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: External Power Supply

>I have a big problem: The Ti-92 needs too much power and since
>=B4batteries=20
>aren't too cheap and since I work a *lot* with the TI is there an
>external=20
>power supply for the TI. Kinda adapter like for the Gameboy and so on?

Yes! I designed a simple one that plugs into the SPinTerface Port. I do
the SPinTerface upgrade for $20 and the Power Pack is $15 to build (like
the store ones, but special order because store models make too MUCH
power) $35 is the total plus you can use sound carts and eventualy the
Extender uP in a SPinTerface Cartridge version etc. I can also Install a
standard plug for $25. It won't allow SPinTerface carts to be plugged
in, but you still have a power pack that will run the calc! (Reason it
isn't $5 extra is that the Shipping in the SPinTerface version is
covered by the SPinTerface upgrade. The Power pack alone requires $5
shipping added.

It is simple if you can find the power pack, to build it yourself. Only
catch, id if the curent is too high, it causes a voltage spike when you
insert or remove the plug and it crashes your calc. I use 150 ma at 6v.
Some RadioShacks have them, and you can always ask for them to order
one. You just need to connect the power properly AND make it look like a
profesional job (not just for looks. I know someone with a bad turbo job
and a wire shorted something and it won't work at all. A clean job is
even more important whith power suplies. Also, never use it during a
lightning storm. (Imagine what lightning would do to your poor 5v calc
/; )

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A