Re: TI-H: TI-86 link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-86 link

>I made a parallel port to TI-86 link by chopping the original link in
>half and putting a 3.5mm plug on the other end.  A 3.5mm jack is at the
>end of the other wire going to the parallel  port.  It passes all
>diagnostics by cal and linktest, but when I try to send something the
>calc gets an "Error 38" or it just keeps "Waiting..." while nothing is
>transferred.  Can someone please tell me what's wrong?  I've tried 95
>and DOS (without a Zip driver), but to no avail...any help would be
>greatly appreciated!
>--
>Anthony Huang  [mailto:pathogen@inow.com]
>http://www2.inow.com/~pathogen
>Don't meddle in dragon affairs, for you are crunchy and taste good with
>ketchup.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I did it. Make sure on your calc
you are at the TX/RX function menu. On the 85 it's 2nd Link, and then F1
SEND, F2 RECEIVE. I think it's the same on the 86. Like I said, It happened
to me (I'm a moron sometimes) (uhmmm, ok alot of times..)   :)

Leif

- zldgregory@biogate.com
    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know.

    To email me, remove the z in my address  -