RE: TI-H: Parallel Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Parallel Link

>>On my Ti-85, a detent will not work. But at least one other person said
they
>>had used them OK. I am not sure (skeptical) that it was a Ti-85.
>>
>Ummmmm.. Duhhh, I just looked at my parallel link cable that I built, and
>it has a detented tip too... It works perfectly.. So I guess I answered my
>own question.. Certain detented ones probably work and others don't...

My 83 came with a a dented tip plug. I was curious, so I called TI about it.
They said that the dent was so that it would be stronger. Apparently the
straight style plugs (like my TI-link and my 82 came with) had a habit of
breaking off inside the calc. Lot of good that did, as my dented tip broke
off inside my 83 anyways.

---<> I Think That I Think, Therefore I Think That I Am. I Think.
Mike Roberts
miker@wpi.edu
http://www.wpi.edu/~miker
istanbul.res.wpi.net