Re: TI-H: Clock

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Clock

>Well, if you think about it, 10Mhz (I think?) is the clock speed of the
>Motorola 68000 used in the TI-92.  If someone could develop a program
that
>uses that clock speed, then we would have a clock.  Only problem I see
is
>batteries, and how it would vary according to the amount of power left.

Umm..I thought he said _'TI-8X'_? Any way...you really don't want a
program to do the clocking (it consumes the whole process!)...use a TSR
(uses interrupts, just don't play those skrewy games that dissables
them) to do the clocking and as for the batteries, just do what the old
DOS does. Ask the time on boot (in this case on TSR installation) and do
another step, have the person check a clock and press a button every 5
seconds, like 1-3 time and figure the battery loss and future loss (if
he/she pressed it like  3+ times.) I personally think the clock is nice,
but why can't you just carry a watch?