Re: TI-H: Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Backlight

I've seen some real small ones in a multi-line phone that I got because
it didn't work.  It had green and red ones.  I know they use less that 9
volts, because when I used a 9V battery on the contacts to light them
up, the green one's turned orange after a few seconds :)  They also got
very hot, but only on one spot smaller than a pinpoint; you could hold
one in between your fingers and feel nothing until suddenly you felt a
sharp prick of heat as your reflexes made you let go of the led.  That
could be due to the overvoltage, though.

Yeah, they would probably work pretty well as a light.  Pretty bright
too.

--
Jonathan Anderson
sarlok@geocities.com

"I can't be wrong - my modem is error correcting."