Re: TI-H: EuP Spinterface Cart Delayed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EuP Spinterface Cart Delayed

Replied.

>CONTENTS:
>  Apology
>  8x incompatibility question
>  Idea for eliminating errors durring link insertion.
>

>I'm Sorry about the outburst, but I got home from work and got up
>withing 4 hours of falling asleep. You didn't deserve that. I was
>directing it to the whole list, not to you as an individual. I hope you
>can accept my appologies

Yep.  I'm not one to hold a grudge.  <sp>

>>It is going to be incompatible untill the drivers are released.  Just
>start
>>making it.  I don't know if I even feel it is worth releasing the
>driver.
>
>I got the idea that the hardware (PIC) was incompatible with the TI-8x
>series and modifications had to be made to allow TI-8x drivers to
>interface error free with the EuP. Is this true???

Just start selling the EuP.  I'll talk about the drivers when the come out.

DON"T BUY AN EUP HOPING IT WILL WORK ON THE 8X SERIES.

>If it is, then I want to wait for compatible PICs because I want my
>SPinTerface Cartridge version to be PROBLEM FREE. If you meant it was
>incompatible ONLY because the drivers are incomplete then sure, I'll
>start SPinTerface orders right away. Respond QUICKLY PLEZZZZZZE.
>THanKSsssss!

I just got back from Jr high.

>Also, I'm curious as to how this multi chip thing works. Does it use the
>spare pins on the PIC??? My system uses a single chip in the MMOD and
>you simply add another MMOD if you need more memory. That way, you don't
>pay for the memory right away (some people may not fill what they
>thought they could.

No.  I can't give out specific info out on it, but chips can be added when
needed.  It wouldn't operate good with your spin thing because fo the
current draw.

>I may purchase an 86 and a 92 with my overtime money from this month. I
>will wait till then officialy to begin orders, but hey! If it works
>fine, then I'm going to make EuPs!

What calc do you have.  IF you don't have a 92, how do you plan to test them?

>I also had an idea.
>
>I remember seeing that you had to plug it in and then turn power on.
>Right, well it was mentioned that electrical noise from inserting the
>link/SPinTerface may cause a link problems?

When the EuP is plugged in, the cursor freezes for about 2 seconds...

>Would it be possible to set the PIC to run several useless cycles of
yes.  But it won't be done.

>plain loops and start interfacing maybe 1/4 or 1/2 second after power
>on. This is unimportant for the Link version, but if no data comes from
>the PIC, and the PIC doesn't read any data from the calc till the cycles
The PIC doesn't read anything from the calc.  The PIC is a doumb device
that needs the calc to first send the instructions for it to operate.

>complete, then starts sending/recieving whatever is transmitted  when
>the calc recognizes the presence of a device, then maybe we could
There is no way to determine if the MEM chip is 2048 pages of 4096.  They
operate the same way.  You would only be able to fit 512k into your EUP if
you formatted it wrong.

>eliminate that particular problem.
>
>You would still plug the link in first and than add power, but for the
>SPinTerface version, which has a chance of electrical noise during the
>split second that power comes on, but the cart isn't quite seated, maybe
>it would help???
>
>I never had the bad connection problems with the SPinTerface version of
>the ESF. From my knowledge, any electrical noise or sometimes even
>bumping the link connector would screw up connection. If the EuP claims
That won't happen.  The ESF was 5 times faster than the EuP.  I've tried my
10 foot unshielded calc cable on it and it worked.

>to be so much better, then it HAS to work! I have transfered Daedalus
>from my ESF while pushing and pulling it half way out of the SPinTerface
>port and the file RAN PERFECTLY!
>
>What is your opinion??? I would like to hear.
>

>My final copyright junk stuff
>
>As for my outburst below, I intended my message for the people who keep
>putting 20 messages in my mailbox on how John didn't have any copyrights
>and brian has the copyright implied and all this other stuff!
>
>I wasn't dirrecting it to you.
>
>I also put all the copyright at the end of that message I sent simply
>out of the context of the message. I was talking about copyrights, so I
>put them all at the end.
>
>The NAME Exium is John's Brandname (I should have said right away), not
>the hardware! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
>
>The EuP is Brian's. His design is copyrighted, just not through the us
>copyright registry. John DOES NOT HAVE ANY COPYRIGHT ON THE HARDWARE<
>ONLY THE AME EXIUM. I wasn't implying that John had ANY copyrights to
>ANY of the hardware. HE MANUFACTURED it and put his BRANDNAME on it,
>like a RCA buys parts from toshiba and motorola and TI, but sticks their
>brand name on it. It wasn't right that he CHANGED the name to plain
>EXIUM, but he does have the right to add exium to EuP, since it is his
>brand name.
>
>I'm Sorry about any hard feelings.

Maybe I was tired too...