Re: TI-H: TI-85 as Linux/Unix Terminal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-85 as Linux/Unix Terminal

Andy,
I speak from experience, when I say it works.  With the correct hardware in
place for communications it works fine.  I used a modem and the dial-up node of
the local network and used Lynx, unix, and other proggrams on my 85 with both
RTerm and Zterm.  Please see the TI-Modem for slightly more info.  ;-P
Patrick Sweeney
coordinator,
TI-Modem Design Team
http://www.rpi.edu/~sweenp/timodem.htm

Andy Muldowney wrote:

> I had the idea of using the TI-85 as a linux terminal.  It would be neat to
> see if it could be done.  I know that there is RTerm85, which uses the
> GraphLink, but how  about something simpler?  All it needs to do is send
> serial data back and forth.  I would also be interested in making a
> simple program to download all of a users mail to the TI-85 for later
> viewing, possibly using the same device that the terminal link would use.
> Maybe something with a PIC?  Who knows.  I'd be interested in someone
> helping out.
> -Andy

Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"