Re: TI-H: Radio Transfer Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio Transfer Link

Bryan Wilson wrote:

> I know there has been a lot of discussion lately about an ir link and
> since I am relatively new to the group I was wondering if a radio link
>
> was ever developed.  I heard from somebody that one had been designed
> but it didn't work.  I would think a radio link would be better than
> an
> ir link mainly due to the distance that one can have between two
> links.
> It also would be able to go through walls.  Thanks for any
> information.
>
> Bryan

   I designed one but the chips needed to make it are no longer made.
The problem with it is how complex a radio link needs to be. I had found
two chips that could multiplex and send and recieve up to 6 digital
channels (or analog if you wanted). With these it was fairly trivial but
as I said; the chips are gone and I have not found any others.