Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

At 03:20 PM 6/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Kevin Buck wrote:
>
>>         This may sound a bit farfetched, but I just read an e-mail from a
>> guy complaining about OS-85's size, and saying, it's not wothit without a
>> mouse.  So I was just kinda suggesting/asking if anyone could possibly
>> create an adapter, and shell to plug your mouse into the link port.  That
>> way, you could navigate around the shell with your mouse.  And instead of a
>> list of programs on the calc, having an icon that you could diplay with the
>> program name underneath it.
>>         I think that getting the calc to display the files as icons, won't
>> be to dificult.  If you just used the cursor keys to switch between icons,
>> it would be much cooler than a list.  Later, someone could develop the
>> adapter, then integrate the movement into the shell. Well, I thought I would
>> just type this up, and see what the responses would be.
>
>Hey, the TI-85 only has 28.5k's of memory. Are you sure you wish to
>waste some of it for mouse support? I don't. It's not impossible, but I
>consider it quite unnecessary.
>
>-Ozone
>
>--
>*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
>***

With all these new Expander compatible shells coming out, it is not all that
farfetched at all.  And those who wish to use the mouse compatible shell,
would either have to borrow someone elses Expader, or buy one of their own.
Now also, by using the expander for shell protocol, why not just use the
Expander's memory storage for all the icons to be used and programs to be
run from.  That way, even if the shell had to be stored in the majority of
the calcs, memory, Again it could use  the Expanders memory for the file
storage, and recognition.  I hope this is not too confusing.  Please tell me
if you could understand it all.  Thanks, and please also tell me what you
think about this idea.

					Sincerely,
					Kevin

And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!

     **E-mail: elbo@usa.net		     **