Re: TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Raven906@aol.com wrote:

> I just thought of something really improbable, but certainly cool if
> possible. What if you had a radio network, and each calculator had a powerful
> transmitter, capable of making itself 'heard' through ten or twenty classroom
> walls...
> With this type of vast networking, it's sort of a small version of the
> Internet! There could be chat rooms, file transfers, and E-mail! I don't know
> too much about electronics, but I do know that this is extemely improbable
> because of the signal strength and clarity that is needed. Just a thought...

Well, yes in theory, but there'd be too much practical problems...
First the transmitters would be illegal and second, any two calcs
wishing to talk to each other would have to be in range of each other's
transmitters, and third, the I2C protocol has normally only 8 bits of
address space, although there is an extension for 12 bits. Of course we
wouldn't have to use I2C, it's not designed for this kind of a large
network.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone